Nofence is a Norwegian scale up who has built the world’s first virtual fencing solution for livestock. As we aim to revolutionize livestock management we will need top-notch competence in our Engineering team, and we are now looking for a Manufacturing Engineer. Elevate your career with us and be at the forefront of innovation in agricultural technology!
As our Manufacturing Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the consistent high quality and efficient production of Nofence's virtual fencing systems. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire manufacturing process, from designing and optimising manufacturing processes, to developing and implementing quality control procedures and troubleshooting any issues that may arise. Additionally, you will be involved in training and mentoring production staff, maintaining manufacturing equipment, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure product quality and delivery. You will work in the Manufacturing team, close to both the development and operations teams.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the entire manufacturing process. From designing and optimising processes to developing and implementing quality control procedures and troubleshooting.
- Designing, optimising, and implementing manufacturing processes in our contract manufacturer's facility.
- Conduct thorough inspections and testing of products to verify their quality and compliance with specifications.
- Providing comprehensive training and mentorship to production staff, ensuring their expertise in manufacturing processes and quality control procedures at our contract manufacturer's facility.
- Maintain and optimise manufacturing equipment and facilities, including fixtures and automation equipment, to maintain peak performance and efficiency.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including design, quality assurance, production, and logistics, to achieve seamless product development and delivery.
- Proactively identify and troubleshoot manufacturing issues, utilising root cause analysis to prevent recurrence.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive quality control procedures to ensure product adherence to Nofence's stringent quality standards.
- The role will include some travelling to our contract manufacturers and sub contractors.
The right candidate is preferred to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related fields.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering, with a focus on quality control and electronics testing.
- Strong understand of quality control principles and techniques.
- Proficiency in designing and building fixtures and automation for manufacturing.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex manufacturing issues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and a commitment to excellence in quality and efficiency.
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills. Our working language is English.
Managing livestock has always been a challenge. Humanity has tried everything from herding with dogs to walling the animals in with barbed wire, electric, and wooden fences, but these are costly and time-consuming solutions and often in conflict with the local wildlife. It has also left vast areas of potential pasture overgrown and underutilized.
Enter virtual fences. What started as a small group of farmers and engineers with a big idea has become Nofence – the world’s first virtual fencing solution for livestock. Curious about how it works? Find out more here.
As a company still in our early stages, our way of working is continuously evolving, and you will have the opportunity to make an impact on how we do things. We are passionate about product development, animal welfare, farmer welfare and sustainable agriculture. We genuinely believe our grazing technology is the biggest technological change in agriculture since the tractor!
So far, our clients have used Nofence in a range of creative ways, including regenerative cattle farming, conservation grazing with goats, regenerative grazing with sheep, and even government work! Yet we have only just scratched the surface, and already have 250 million hours of operation on animals with recorded behaviour data to explore.
Still curious? Visit our website.
The Engineering team is currently a team of 21 employees working across our three Norwegian offices. We are open for candidates that can work from either Molde, Trondheim or Oslo. We believe in cooperation, adaptiveness, and a fun and relaxed working environment.
What we bring to the table
At Nofence, we're not your typical 9-to-5 gig. We're a dynamic scale-up, creating a work atmosphere that's anything but ordinary. It's a place where dedication and innovation are the norm, offering great opportunities for your personal and professional growth.
If you're the right fit, you'll be part of a tight-knit team, supporting each other to make a real impact on the agricultural industry. With offices in Oslo and Trondheim for the city strollers and our Molde office surrounded by nature for the outdoor enthusiasts, we've got the best of both worlds.
We believe in seeing results fast. As an engineer with us, your work won't be lost in the bureaucratic shuffle. You'll witness the immediate impact of your contributions in real-time, influencing the evolution of our cutting-edge virtual fencing solution for livestock.
Join us, where ambition meets reality, and let's keep pushing the boundaries in the world of agri-tech!
About the Application
Are you ready to change pasture? After all, the grass is sometimes greener on the other side. Also, just like the soil needs a balanced diversity of nutrients to thrive, a company needs a diversity of hearts and minds. We are an equal opportunity employer!
We will evaluate candidates continuously. If you have any questions about Nofence or regarding the application, please reach out to our Head of Manufacturing Steinar Fagerli at email@example.com