Nofence is a Norwegian scale up who has built the world’s first virtual fencing solution for livestock. As we aim to revolutionize livestock management we will need top-notch competence in our Engineering team, and we are now looking for a Product Quality Engineer. Elevate your career with us and be at the forefront of innovation in agricultural technology!
As a Product Quality Engineer you will be part of the New Product Introduction (NPI) team, who's responsible for developing new hardware and follow up hardware quality in the field.
The main responsibilities for this role will be:
- You will be responsible for failure analysis of faulty devices from the field, with a focus on root causing failures with our electronics and contributing on implementing corrective actions.
- Examples of corrective actions may be improved manufacturing line test, improved assembly instructions or improvements to the product design.
- Root cause analysis may include debugging our PCAs, writing custom firmware to stress parts of the devices, and pulling out data from our field to find any potential correlation with the current failure mode.
- You will assist our engineers in running our internal validation procedures and ensure our product is tested accordingly.
- You will establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error, as well as determining level of confidence for each of our validation tests.
- You will participate in product specification and review meetings, and you will analyse engineering drawings and schematics to help ensure product is designed for test and manufacturing.
- You will work closely with the Operations department who are responsible for manufacturing our products in large volumes.
- You will work closely with and and make visits to our contract manufacturers (CM) who manufacture, test and assemble the final products to ensure it's done according to our quality requirements.
The candidate will typically spend most of their time in our lab which is placed near Oslo. In the lab you will work closely with our Quality Engineer and the rest of the NPI Team. The role will include some traveling.
Experience and qualifications
The right candidate is preferred to have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in electrical, automation engineering or other relevant disciplines.
- Ideally the candidate will have experience with root cause analysis of an electro-mechanical product.
- Experience in developing and/or testing electronics, including basic programming skills.
- Enjoy working in an autonomous cross-functional team.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills. Our working language is English.
- Six Sigma knowledge would be an advantage.
Managing livestock has always been a challenge. Humanity has tried everything from herding with dogs to walling the animals in with barbed wire, electric, and wooden fences, but these are costly and time-consuming solutions and often in conflict with the local wildlife. It has also left vast areas of potential pasture overgrown and underutilized.
Enter virtual fences. What started as a small group of farmers and engineers with a big idea has become Nofence – the world’s first virtual fencing solution for livestock. Curious about how it works? Find out more here.
As a company still in our early stages, our way of working is continuously evolving, and you will have the opportunity to make an impact on how we do things. We are passionate about product development, animal welfare, farmer welfare and sustainable agriculture. We genuinely believe our grazing technology is the biggest technological change in agriculture since the tractor!
So far, our clients have used Nofence in a range of creative ways, including regenerative cattle farming, conservation grazing with goats, regenerative grazing with sheep, and even government work! Yet we have only just scratched the surface, and already have 250 million hours of operation on animals with recorded behaviour data to explore.
Still curious? Visit our website.
The Engineering team is currently a team of 21 employees working across our three Norwegian offices. For this position we are looking for a candidate that can work from the Oslo office and our Oslo based lab. We believe in cooperation, adaptiveness, and a fun and relaxed working environment.
What we bring to the table
At Nofence, we're not your typical 9-to-5 gig. We're a dynamic scale-up, creating a work atmosphere that's anything but ordinary. It's a place where dedication and innovation are the norm, offering great opportunities for your personal and professional growth.
If you're the right fit, you'll be part of a tight-knit team, supporting each other to make a real impact on the agricultural industry. With offices in Oslo and Trondheim for the city strollers and our Molde office surrounded by nature for the outdoor enthusiasts, we've got the best of both worlds.
We believe in seeing results fast. As an engineer with us, your work won't be lost in the bureaucratic shuffle. You'll witness the immediate impact of your contributions in real-time, influencing the evolution of our cutting-edge virtual fencing solution for livestock.
Join us, where ambition meets reality, and let's keep pushing the boundaries in the world of agri-tech!
About the Application
Are you ready to change pasture? After all, the grass is sometimes greener on the other side. Also, just like the soil needs a balanced diversity of nutrients to thrive, a company needs a diversity of hearts and minds. We are an equal opportunity employer!
We will evaluate candidates continuously. If you have any questions about Nofence or regarding the application, please reach out to our Engineering Manager Kjetil Grimsæth at firstname.lastname@example.org.