Nofence is growing quickly and our Product & Engineering team needs more talented people to help us build the world’s best solution for virtual fencing.
Nofence is currently the global leader within virtual fencing with 50.000 active collars in 5+ markets. Our current milestone is to be the first company in the world to reach 1.000.000 active collars, disrupting how farming is done across the world. We have ideas and plans for a lot of improvements to the product, and with the increased scale we will also face lots of interesting engineering challenges.
Our Product & Engineering team consists of engineers with a wide range of skills. We design and develop the mechanics of our physical product and the electronics that goes into it. We develop the firmware that runs on the device, and the cloud service it communicates with. We design and develop the mobile and web apps that our customers use. We are also responsible for the development of many internal applications and tools that keep our business humming. In short, there’s a lot of exciting work to be done!
As a distributed team we combat Zoom fatigue by physically getting together at least 6 times per year to socialize and work together. An important part of these gatherings is to get a chance to visit our customers and experience our product in action and learn about the business of our customers. You will learn a lot more about grass and grazing animals than you thought possible!
We need a Senior UX designer with broad experience and expertise. We need someone able to think holistically about our product and to consider everything from the functional design of our physical product to the visual look of our app when designing the best possible user experience.
As the first UX designer in the company you will take lead on all user experience related matters. You will report directly to our VP of Engineering. We expect to grow quickly in the years to come, and we hope that you welcome the challenge of building our UX competency almost from scratch.
You will work closely with the engineering teams and the product managers to implement your vision for the perfect user experience. There is a lot of work to be done and a lot of possibilities for leaving your mark on what our product will be like in the years to come. In addition to working on our product you will lend your expertise to the development of our internal tools. For our customers the best user experience sometimes comes from having a support team that can quickly and efficiently resolve issues that come up.
- Work with the development teams to design the user experience for features that we build.
- Research how our customers perceive our solution and understand what we can do to improve.
- Design mockups and prototypes to help explore product ideas.
- Create graphical assets for our mobile and web apps.
- Get your boots on, roll up your sleeves, and literally go into the field to see what it’s like to use a mobile app in the middle of a herd of 300 curious cows that want to taste your smartphone while the rain is pouring down.
- 3+ years of relevant higher education, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with usability testing
- You have a good understanding of technology and you enjoy working closely with development teams to turn your designs into working software
- Fluent English skills is a requirement, and it is an advantage to have good skills in Norwegian.
Perks and stuff
- Join us in bringing grazing into the digital age to improve farming economy, animal welfare and enable regenerative practices
- 3 Company wide gatherings per year
- 3 Product & Engineering gatherings per year
- Monthly social activities organized around our office hubs
- At least 2 customer visits per year for every employee
- Free use of collars
- Competitive salary and participation in our stock options program
The role will include some traveling. We hope you’ll be able to meet physically in one of our hubs: Batnfjordsøra (HQ), Oslo, Stavanger and Trondheim. However, we are also open to considering remote work for the right candidate.
Nofence is proud to have built the world’s first virtual fence for livestock. Our product represents the beginning of a tremendous shift in farming towards a sustainable future for agriculture. Our solution is a patented IoT product (a collar for livestock) that delivers a great, and highly practical, value proposition to farmers. The collars are connected devices for grazing animals that replace fencing. The main feature is that the product gives livestock better access to pasture. We already have a good and competitive product, but there is still an endless road of opportunities to develop the perfect livestock solution. We need skilled and dedicated employees that enable our vision of becoming the obvious choice for livestock farmers all over the world. We are now aiming to strengthen our team in Norway. Make an impact and join us in creating technology that make a positive difference for animals, farmers and the environment.
As a company still in our early stages our way of working is continuously evolving, and you will have the opportunity to make an impact on how we do things. We are passionate about product development, animal welfare and sustainable agriculture. As our colleague you will be part of an exciting company with enormous ambitions for international growth.
Make an impact
At Nofence, you will use your skills to create a positive difference. Not just for animals and farmers, but for the environment. We believe in the potential of sustainable agriculture, and genuinely think our grazing technology can be the biggest technological change in agriculture since the tractor.
We strongly believe in a Hybrid Workstyle, mixing the best of two worlds. Work together with your colleagues face to face in real life, but also connect and work remote.
Combining the best technology and workstyle, bringing people together in hackathons and project workshops (not only team building exercises), we will bring our HQ, new hubs and remote workers together in One Team.